Thursday, October 16

You may have plans that don't fit into God's Timeline for you...

The last time I was home to Helena, Montana was in April, 2007 to bury Grandfather Bill. I am now home again; we buried my Uncle Grafton this past Tuesday, October 14th, 2008. My Uncle Graf was an amazing man who went through life touching other people with his compassion and helpfulness. He was one of the greatest men I have known.

The last few days I have been reflecting on the memories I have of my Uncle, and I know they will always be preserved in my heart. I don’t have a single memory of him speaking unkind or out of anger. He never spoke ill of anyone. Now don’t get me wrong he never missed the opportunity for a quick witted comment, but it was always out of fun.

I have also spent the last few days reflecting on other members of my family and how important it is to spend time with them now, before it’s too late. How it’s so important to not miss an opportunity to let them know that they are loved and important to you. How you need to be careful… you may have plans but you never know when God’s going to call you home… always be kind and loving, to watch how you treat each other in actions and words. It’s too late once someone is gone to say you’re sorry, or to ask someone about their life.

I have also realize just how important my children and Danny are to me. I want to spend the rest of my life appreciating them and all the quirks that a family has to offer. I want to know when my time is done, that I have spent my life allowing my family know me and that I that I know them.

No comments: